Emergency Dentistry In Post Falls
Contact our office directly in case of a need for a Post Falls Eemergency Dentistry, our skilled and dedicated team is on standby to preserve your smile and alleviate your pain and stress!
Even the strongest, healthiest teeth can be damaged if the circumstances call for it. Our Post Falls Emergency Dentist Team is on standby to help you out in emergencies, and alleviate your stress and pain.
At Loftus Family Dental Post Falls, our expert team of Dental Specialists has received extensive training in emergency care. Our practice is equipped with the most advanced technology to preserve your teeth and gums after injury and trauma.
When Is Emergency Care Required?
- Tooth Knocked Out or Loosened by an Injury
- Painful Cracked Tooth
- Extreme Toothache
When Is Prompt (Non-Emergency) Care Required?
- Lost or Missing Crown or Filling
- Chipped or Cracked Tooth (without Pain)
- Mild to Moderate Toothache
In many different cases of trauma or injury, our Loftus Family Dental team might be perfectly able to save your tooth or crown. Taking the following steps in the most common cases will greatly increase your chances of keeping that tooth or crown. We thank you in advance for helping us help you!
Knocked Out Tooth
- Never touch the tooth by the roots, always by the crown.
- If possible, place the tooth back into its socket. If that’s too painful, keep the tooth in your cheek until you make it to our Post Falls office.
- If you can’t keep the tooth inside your mouth, keep it in a container of water, saliva or milk - as long as you keep it hydrated!
- Don’t delay! Call our office right away. If we can set the tooth back within an hour, there is a very good chance the original tooth can be saved.
- Keep the loose crown safe and clean.
- If possible, use dental cement from a local pharmacy to put the crown back temporarily. However, you must still make an appointment to see your Dentist!
- If the crown is damaged or lost, you can use dental cement to cover the tooth and avoid further damage and pain.
- Don’t use any other types of adhesive to replace your lost crown.
- Clove oil and over the counter pain relievers may be used to alleviate discomfort.
- Make an appointment with our Post Falls office as soon as you can.
- To slow down the swelling and ease the pain, you can use a cold compress on your cheek.
- Take over the counter pain relievers.
- Call our office for an appointment at your earliest convenience.
Please call us today if you have any questions about your dental situation. We work hard to treat all our Post Falls Emergency Dentist Patients with speed, compassion, which is why we have come to be known as the Best Post Falls Family Dentist.