Family Dentistry In Post Falls
Everyone’s favorite Post Falls Family Dentist team, for every member of your family!
At Loftus Family Dental, we are committed to providing every member of your family with the right specialized care - from your oldest relative to your youngest sprout.
At Loftus Family Dental Post Falls, we take the health and happiness of you and your loved ones very seriously. All of our staff members are dedicated to their own family’s well being, and they take that commitment with them to work every day making them the best Post Falls Family Dentist.
What We Provide
From Pediatric procedures to Dental Restoration, we treat patients from all walks of life with world-class expertise, the most advanced technology, and our signature friendliness.
Our Post Falls office is pleased to provide Pediatric Dentistry to help you keep your child’s smile in good health. We encourage you to bring your child to our Dental Office every six months for a regular Dental Exam and Cleaning. During this visit, our friendly Dentist and the Dental team will gently clean your child’s teeth and check for signs of dental problems, such as tooth decay.
From Laser Dentistry to Invisalign® and other new technologies, our team is always educating themselves to bring the most modern and safe dental practices to our practice and to you. Each new technology brings us closer to a less painful, less stressful visit to the Dentist.
We understand that it is important to build a positive, trusting relationship between your child and the Dentist at a young age, and we are dedicated to ensuring that your child feels comfortable and safe at our office.
9 Secrets To Get Your Kid To Like The Dentist
In addition, our own Dr. Hazard would like to share with you some of his own secrets in getting your child to become familiar with the process of Dental Cleanings and Exams. A father of five himself, he surely has learned the hard way!
- Although most babies don’t have any teeth until about six months of age, daily cleaning in infancy with a clean gauze pad will get your child accustomed to the process, and ensure clean and healthy gums when the teeth do come in.
- By starting early, your baby is more likely to accept your cleaning his/her teeth later, when it is necessary to prevent tooth decay. Incorporate a toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste into the routine by the time your child reaches 18 months, or at the time his/her first molars come in.
- Your child’s first visit to the Dentist should be by the age of 3. Baby teeth create the foundation for the muscles of his/her mouth and jaw. The Dentist can make sure your child’s dental development is proceeding normally with checkups every six months.
- Stop your child’s thumb sucking habits before his permanent teeth come in or by the age of six. The habit can alter the position of developing teeth and the dental arches if it continues after his permanent teeth begin to erupt. Fortunately, the damage is usually self-correcting, unless your youngster continues the habit much past the age of 4.
- Make sure your child gets the benefits of the latest in cavity prevention, including fluorides and sealants. Fluoride supplements are generally prescribed if you have well water or have a child that drinks a lot of soda.
- Do not give your child a bottle at night with juice or milk! If your child must have a bottle at bedtime, use water or a pacifier.
- If your child uses a pacifier, don’t dip it in any sweetener. Some Dentists have taught this in the past and it is not a good idea!
- You need to help a child under age 6 years old do the brushing. Studies show that children under 6 do not have the dexterity to do a good job, so at first, you’ll have to show them how it’s done.
- Finally, kids learn the behavior they observe. Your dental health is just as important as your kid’s, and your reaction to a Dentist visit will be copied by them! So when was the last time you had your last Dental Check-up and cleaning?
Our Post Falls Family Dentist at Loftus Family Dental is looking forward to meeting you and your family soon! Contact us today to set up your appointment.